Mr. Mohan Patel (Security Guard), the HERO of 30th April 2022 incident. My hand is just shivering while writing this mail and remembering the unfortunate incident of 30th April afternoon. It was around 12.45 P.M, I was having discussion with customers and suddenly I heard a big noise " bhag chalo , bhag chalo" from the 1st floor. Then I found all customer and staff are heading towards exit door as there was fire at electrical room out of short circuit.
Mr. Patel rushed to the first floor immediately & escorted all staff and customers to the exit gate and again moved to the electrical room with a 2KG fire extinguisher I hand, by that time the flame was rising and the small extinguisher was not sufficient enough, so he went again to the electrical room with 5KG cylinder in hand. With the use of 5KG cylinder the fire was coming under control. In the mean while the branch has contacted the Fire Brigade & they immediately came brought the fire fully under control.
As told by the fire officer, a big mishap was averted only because of the immediate action taken in controlling the fire initially, if the fire would have caught the ceiling it would have been difficult to bring the fire under control. Mr. Patel has done a stupendous job in saving the life & property, he has not care about his life and took immediate action in controlling the fire.